The textures and flavors of this dish scream Fall. If you can’t find Delicata squash, substitute diced Hubbard or Butternut. Serves 4
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, toss together the squash, onion, and apples.
3. Add the Pimenton, salt and 2 tablespoons of olive oil and toss again until squash and apples are evenly coated.
4. Spread into a single layer on a sheet pan and roast for 1 ½ hours until squash and apples are golden and caramelized. Stir one or two times during roasting so that squash and apples brown evenly. Remove from the oven and reserve at room temperature.
5. Position an oven rack in the center of the oven and turn the oven setting to broil. Spoon the vegetables into a heat proof serving dish. Crumble the goat cheese evenly over the top. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes until the goat cheese is golden and bubbling.
6. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with pepitos. Drizzle with olive oil and then sprinkle with pancetta if using. Serve warm