Yeasted Tart Dough
Use this dough recipe for Maria’s Tart Flambé. Yield: Eight very thin and crisp 8-inch tarts
- 3½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 8 ounces water
- 4 tablespoons (½ stick) unsalted butter, softened
1. To prepare the tart dough, whisk together the water and yeast in a small bowl.
2. Combine the flour and salt in a large bowl.
3. Add the yeast mixture to the flour mixture. Mix together until combined– the dough will look dry; add the butter. Knead to a smooth and elastic dough and let rise, covered, for 1 hour until doubled.
4. Punch dough down. It is now ready to shape. Proceed to Step 3 of the Tart Flambé recipe.