These golden jam bars are the perfect balance of sweet and salt. We at RSV love them stuffed with our small batch organic fig jam made from the fig trees on the winery terrace in Stags Leap but you can use your own favorite jam and they will be equally delicious. Yield: One 9-inch x 13-inch baking dish – 12 bars
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly butter the baking dish.
2. In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the softened butter, granulated sugar, salt, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add the flour, oats and mix lightly until just combined.
4. Measure 2½ cups of the dough and set aside. Press the remaining dough firmly and evenly into the baking dish to line the bottom.
5. Bake at 350F until lightly golden, about 15-20 minutes.
6. Remove the pan from the oven and spread the jam evenly over the baked dough. Crumble the rest of the dough over the top of the jam like a crumb topping. Sprinkle lightly with flaked salt.
7. Return to the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
8. Cool pan thoroughly on wire rack. Use a sharp knife to cut into 12 equal sized bars. You can cut smaller into smaller bars if you prefer.