Fingerlings work well with the Hasselback treatment, but you can Hassleback all shapes and sizes of potatoes. Adjust the cooking time accordingly. When the potatoes are fanned, golden and tender throughout they’re done! Serves 4
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
2. To Hasselback your potatoes place two square wooden chopstick either side of the potato. You can also use two dinner knives. This helps prevent you from slicing all the way through the small potato when you are slicing them, although you can do it freehand if you have a steady hand.
3. Using a very sharp knife, make a dozen or more parallel cuts almost all the way through the potato. Transfer to a roasting pan. Repeat with the remaining potatoes
4. Heat the butter and olive oil over medium heat until the butter is melted.
5. Brush the potatoes well with the butter mixture. Season generously with truffle salt and place in the preheated oven. Roast for 20 minutes then brush again with the butter mixture. And continue to roast until potatoes have fanned out and edges are golden and crispy about 20 to 30 minutes more. Place in a serving bowl and toss with parsley, season with salt to taste.
6. Serve with crème fraîche or sour cream on the side.