Buttered Bok Choy
Most people stir fry bok choy in vegetable oil over high heat. I love cooking it with butter as it brings out its delicate spiced cabbage notes. It’s quite luxurious. Yield: Serves 4 to 6
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 medium bok choy, cleaned and sliced into ½ pieces, about 4½ cups
- Kosher salt
1. Heat a large sauté pan over high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of butter.
2. When the butter starts to bubble and brown on the edges quickly add the bok choy. Stir until the bok choy is wilted.
3. Add 2 tablespoons of water to the pan and cover to steam the bok choy briefly. Season with salt to taste. Add the remaining tablespoon of butter and toss to coat the bok choy.