This mustard can be slathered on sausages, pâtés, sandwiches or anywhere a delicious pop of flavor is desired. Yield: about 3 cups
- ¼ cup black mustard seed
- ½ cup yellow mustard seed
- 1 large garlic clove
- ¼ teaspoon caraway seed
- ½ tablespoon black peppercorn
- ½ tablespoon white peppercorn
- ⅔ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup Abraxas or other dry aromatic white wine
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
1. Mix all ingredients together in a sealable non-reactive container. Cover and let sit at room temperature for 4 weeks.
2. Strain seeds through a fine strainer and reserve liquid.
3. Puree soaked seeds in food processor with only as much liquid as necessary to reach desired loose paste consistency. Place in a clean jar and seal. Store in refrigerator for up to 3 months.
4. Reserve leftover soaking liquid in the refrigerator for future batches.